The MAP – Modular Entry Platform – Security System has been particularly designed to be used in stair voids in residential and industrial development tasks.
Its improvement adopted a close to miss on a housing website involving a G&M operatives over a stairwell void.
Designed to be a protected, sturdy and steady platform over stair voids, the brand new G&M MAP System affords:
- A novel flush becoming design, eradicating the tripping hazard induced with different stairwell covers that sit on high of the opening.
- Financial savings on the waste and price of putting in sacrificial joists and flooring over stairwell openings.
- A sturdy system that may be loaded to 2.0kN/m2.
- Telescopic Joists: Usually three telescopic beams are screwed in place to assist the decking panels. This ensures that the platform is securely fitted and degree with the ground.
- Use in a variety of stairwell sizes from between 2-4m lengthy and between any width. It is usually appropriate to be used in L formed stairwells. And openings subsequent to celebration partitions are not any downside because the system is recessed into the stairwell void.
- Capability to be mounted in place to stop unintended dislodgement or removing.
- Simple set up – by one man in as little as 10 minutes – inside handbook dealing with laws.
- An included entry hatch throughout the system – permitting all trades to entry flooring and permitting supplies to be handed up with security and ease.
The system will be put in on the earliest phases of development – straight after the joists and different load bearing members have been put in – and might then be used together with ladders or different momentary entry stairs techniques.
Moreover, entry hatches within the platform will be configured as required to permit full or partial entry for operative and supplies, working alongside one other key security system product; G&M Security Decking Hatch.
And extra platform panels can be simply eliminated to accommodate entry for bigger or irregularly formed tools or supplies.
G&M Group Managing Director, Mark Pickles mentioned: “The MAP Security System has been born out of an pressing have to cease accidents and accidents occurring on development website momentary stairwells. Individuals are going to be shedding their lives and are already struggling horrible, life affecting accidents from pointless falls from top on constructing websites.
“Even with all our many years of security coaching and extremely expert operatives, we got here near having an accident on a website lately – so one thing needed to be finished.
“The reply was to make use of our security and development know-how mixed with our experience in manufacturing momentary security techniques for work at top – creating a superbly designed product to eradicate the danger of falling by means of a stairwell void.
“G&M MAP System is the one multi configurable system that may be put in flush in to the stairwell void eliminating using sacrificial joist and beams. The usual telescopic beams will be put in into any sized void from 2.2-3.4m – by only one operative.
“And the G&M boards are then positioned onto the beam flush to the ground eliminating any journey hazard and enabling any decking system to be put in on high. It’s a brilliantly protected design that’s cost-effective and straightforward to put in.”