From the road, a modern, two-story Portland Height house showcases dramatic matte black partitions fronted by towering vertical cedar bins. Interrupting the oblong mass are tall home windows that supply no clue to what’s inside.
Open the entrance door hid by stone partitions, nevertheless, to discover a construction stuffed with surprises: A gold-leaf ceiling and Venetian plaster partitions combined with brass banisters and crocodile-textured wallpaper.
“The furnishings could be minimalist or moody,” says Elliott Moore of Cascade Sotheby’s Worldwide Realty, who listed the customized home on 0.69 acres at 2808 Southwest Patton Lane on the market at $2,799,999.
Moore compares the meld of basic and trendy — like crystal chandeliers and leather-wrapped fixtures — to the mod-glam model championed by Los Angeles designer Kelly Wearstler, whose colourful, playfully curated pastiche interiors are theatrical and broadly admired.
Wearstler, the modern decide on Bravo’s “Top Design” competition, wrote in her fourth guide, “Rhapsody,” that mashing antiques, classic and up to date furnishings and artwork results in a extra “soulful” inside.
Areas within the Portland Heights house share Wearstler’s daring method to merging textures and time durations.
Right here, surfaces coated in Italian marble transcend stair steps. The identical white marble with darkish veins clads kitchen counter tops, the island’s high and sides, in addition to backsplash areas, vary hood and the sink within the butler’s pantry. The first suite has a rest room marble vainness and tub partitions.
Step out a glass again door to a coated patio with a white marble ground and treetop views.
The home, inbuilt 2011, has 4 bedrooms, three loos, a powder room and 4,350 sq. ft of dwelling house, which incorporates visitor quarters with a non-public entry.
The workshop, hooked up to the six-car storage, could possibly be transformed into a house theater, says Moore.
— Janet Eastman | 503-294-4072
Extra on the Portland and Oregon actual property market:
• Newlywed Bruce Springsteen partied on this Oregon home on the market
• Architect John Storrs’ midcentury trendy home on the market in Hillsdale’s fabled ‘Storrs Quadrant’
• Midcentury trendy structure house tour and guide honest help Restore Oregon’s preservation work
• Midcentury trendy architect William Fletcher’s first Portland home is on the market for the primary time
• Three ranges, massive views, seven gives in every week: Portland architect’s home on the market for the primary time
• Shopping for mansions in Boring, the place there’s ‘extra bang for the buck’
• Two Pearl District townhouses in former prepare station are on the market, beginning at $1,575,000
• Oregon’s ‘Horrible Tilly’ lighthouse on personal island on the market at $6.5 million
• Portland’s big mansions on the market: What sort of properties with house are you able to get for $8 million or much less?
• Oregon’s best-known baker, Ken Forkish, places SW Portland home with bread oven up on the market